Are you from California?

Are you from California? 2017-05-09T16:31:55+00:00

Licensing in California

Are you a California resident? California has a strict license requirement for Psychiatric Technicians. California Psychiatric Technicians are licensed through the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT). In California, you must attend an accredited psych tech school. Completion of one of these programs is what makes you eligible to take the state board test for licensure.

If you earn your Psychiatric Technician license in California, you could take that license to Colorado, Arkansas, or Kansas. These three states would recognize the license as a valid credential. In all the rest of the many states, the license would not be recognized and that’s where the national certificate that AAPT provides is most beneficial.

Here is the link to the Accredited Psychiatric Technician Schools in California:

Accredited Psych Tech Schools