Elevate your career and apply for our Psychiatric Technician Opportunity in support of JB Elmendorf-Richardson!
Education: Degree: Certificate. Graduation from an accredited Psychiatric Technician Program; or completion of an equivalent education and experience that meets the requirement of the American Association of Psychiatric Technicians or completion of education and experience as a behavioral science specialist/technician in the United States Military and proof of having completed an Armed Forces course involving psychiatric technician training OR civilian course from an accredited school in the care of behavioral health patients.
Certifications/Licensure: Possess and maintain a current American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider certification.
Experience: Possess one year (1) of experience as a Psychiatric Technician after graduation.
Requirements: Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a background check/security clearance.
*Please Note: A detailed Statement of Work will be provided prior to coordination of a formal interview. The Statement of Work would be specific to the Clinical Department requesting these services. The HCW shall provide services within the scope of the clinical privileges granted by the commanding officer, the applicable duties provided in the basic contract, and the following:
- Conduct or assist in treatment and rehabilitation of patients. Perform initial basic assessment procedures including standardized psychological testing, clinical interviewing, mental status examinations, substance abuse evaluations, and psychological and nursing assessment.
- Identify mental health and nursing diagnoses, and provide patient education.
- Observe, monitor, record, and report patient’s progress.
- Conduct or assist in conducting group and individual counseling, therapeutic community, and other related milieu activities.
- Institute precautionary measures to prevent patient injury or suicide.
- Assist patients with nutritional, hygiene, and comfort measures.
- Obtain and record vital signs.
- Coordinate with other agencies regarding specified care, treatment, prevention, rehabilitation, and administrative functions.
- Contact military and community agencies to obtain collateral information.
- Explain and interpret mental health services to patients or others.
- Assist in, or arrange patient referral to public, private, and military community agencies.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports pertaining to specialty services.
- Assist with care of individuals experiencing acute and post-traumatic stress reactions.
- Prepare and maintain treatment records.
SCHEDULING AND STAFFING
Duty Hours/Shifts: The normal duty schedule is either 0700-1600 or 0730-1630 Monday-Friday or Flex shifts. Flex shifts are utilized to support mission requirements not Contactor preference and must be approved by the Government Supervisor and the COR. Flex shifts can consist of 8, 9, or 10 hour shifts and will not exceed 80 hours in a two week pay period. Schedule changes shall be published by the Government Supervisor two weeks prior to implementation of the new shift.
Place of Performance: The work to be performed will be at 673d Medical Group, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Anchorage, AK.
Platinum Business Corporation provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO www.platinumcorporation.com
To apply, please contact: