This is a government contract position for Psychiatric Technician located on Cherry Point Naval Base in North Carolina.
• Provide services within the scope of competencies (full job description available)
• Provide administrative support
• Provide crisis assessment and safety planning
• Degree: Psychiatric technician certificate
• Education: Graduation from an accredited Psychiatric Technician Program; or completion of an equivalent education and experience that meets the requirement of the American Association of Psychiatric Technicians or completion of education and experience as a behavioral science specialist/technician in the United States military and proof of having completed an Armed Forces course involving psychiatric technician training or civilian course from an accredited school in the care of behavioral health patients.
• Experience: One year of full-time experience as a Psychiatric Technician or Mental Health Technician within the last 2 years
• Licensure: Possess one of the following: (a) Current certification as a Psychiatric Technician by the American Association of Psychiatric Technicians or Evidence of completion of Military Psychiatric Technician Training or possess a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Psychology or Social Work.
• BLS certificate through the American Heart Association
• U.S. citizen
• Complete and Pass competency-based evaluations in accordance with Joint Commission standards
$20.50/hr or $42,650 annually plus benefits
• Monday through Friday, between the hours of 0700 and 1800 for an 8.5 hour shift which includes an uncompensated .5 meal break
How to apply:
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org to start the process:
Pychiatric Tech Certificate
Your date of birth