Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Provides assistance and monitoring of patient activities and procedures, under the direction of a registered nurse, ensuring a safe and secure environment for both patients and employees.
– Must have Psychiatric Technician vocational training through a recognized organization, OR,
– Have a Bachelor degree in Psychology or Social work – Psychiatric technician experience not required.
– In lieu of vocational training, must have one year of experience as a Psychiatric Technician or Residential Treatment/Group Home worker, OR,
– A nursing student who has had Psychiatric clinical rotation, OR,
– A UAP with Psychiatric experience.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
– May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
– Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
– Must have SAMA certification, levels 1-4 or must obtain within 30 days of hire or placement into the job. Must have SAMA certification before first clinical orientation shift.
Skills or Special Abilities:
– Must be able to demonstrate basic patient care skills and the use of supplies and assigned equipment.
– May be required to handle aggressive patients using Client Management methods.
– Must be able to do some heavy lifting and moving.
– Must be able to communicate effectively with departmental personnel, other hospital personnel, physicians, patients and families.
– Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behavior.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Please click here and apply on our website: https://www.parklandcareers.com/job/Dallas-Psychiatric-Technician-TX-75201/556897400/?locale=en_US