• Possess one of the following:
• Graduation from an accredited Psychiatric Technician Program; or completion of an equivalent education and experience that meets the requirement of the American Association of Psychiatric Technicians (psychtechs.org);
• Completion of education and experience as a corpsman in the United States military and proof of having completed an Armed Forces course involving neuropsychiatric nursing and an Armed Forces or civilian course from an accredited school in the care of the developmentally disabled client.
• A current unrestricted license to practice as an LVN in any one of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
• Possess at least one (1) year full time experience within the preceding two (2) years as a Psychiatric Technician or a LPN with at least one (1) year full time experience within the preceding three (3) years, in a partial, acute or long term (residential) psychiatric facility