Spectrum Healthcare Resources has opportunities for civilian Mental Health Technicians at Elmendorf Air Force Base in Anchorage, Alaska.
The Mental Health Technician position offers:
• Full-time employment
• Two weeks paid time off
• Opportunity to care for our active duty military and their families
The Mental Health Technician will have the following requirements:
• Must possess an associate degree or commensurate level of training for a psychiatric technician or mental health program assistant. Education requirement may be met by military or comparable training.
• If military trained, the individual’s specialty must have been a mental health technician/specialist.
• All mental health technician training must include a sound foundation/ basis to psychology and/or social work which will be necessary to address the types of individuals and potential illnesses they will likely encounter.
• This training must also address the basics of conflict management and how to de-escalate crisis situations and individuals who are agitated, violent or potentially violent and/or suicidal.
• The contractor shall have no less than 3 years’ experience as a psychiatric technician.
• The contractor shall demonstrate military cultural competency, including the ability to assess and understand the occupation of the member and provide services relevant to the military member in the context of his/her job.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 860 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,800 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Contact: Katie Niemeier
Phone: (314) 744-4124