The incumbent is responsible performing patient care activities/task for psychiatric patients as well as maintaining a therapeutic and safe environment under the direction of the licensed staff.
Dept. : Acuity Management
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Provides inpatient and outpatient non-skilled nursing for psychiatric patients.
2. Responsible for operating equipment such as IVAC, Sphygmomanometer and Scale.
3. Assist patients with activities of daily living.
4. Interact with patients in a therapeutic manner.
5. Participates in implementing and formulating patients’ treatment plan.
6. Helps maintain a therapeutic milieu.
7. Facilitates patients’ groups and participation in therapeutic activities (i.e. community meeting, transition, etc.).
8. Implement crisis management skills as directed by licensed staff.
9. Must be able to restrain an adult, adolescent or pediatric patient within the guidelines currently in use at HCPC.
10. In certain circumstances, must be able to maintain initial physical control of an adult, adolescent or pediatric patient individually until assistance from other team members arrive.
11. Monitor patients, document observations and report observations to licensed staff.
12. Conducts environmental rounds on unit for safety.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent
One year of experience in a patient care environment,
or CNA Certification, or Sixty hours of college credit with an emphasis in Psychology, Sociology, or health related field.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215